Published:vonKathy Karmichael· This post may contain affiliate links.
if you haven't triedPizza vegana do Papa Murphy, you lost! We found a great way to break your bankroll and bake an amazing vegan pizza to go and take home.
Lately,Papa Murphyspresented their vegan pizza option. So of course I had to try and share my experiences. Papa Murphy's vegan pizza uses my favorite vegan cheese, the Violife vegan cheese brand. Vegan pizza is all about cheese!
- Vegan sauce options
- vegan toppings
- pasta options
- vegan pizza options
- How to Make Papa Murphy's Vegan Pizza
- Pizza customization at home
- Other possible ingredients
- common questions
- Suggested pizza side dishes
Papa Murphy's is a unique pizza chain offering ready-to-bake pizzas at home. Made from scratch with fresh ingredients so you can pick it up, bake it and enjoy it fresh out of the oven.
I love this concept! Many times I don't want my pizza delivered because it's cold by the time it's delivered. Or I get my pizza and it gets cold before I get home.
I'm getting my pizza made but uncooked from Papa Murphy's. Then I take it home and keep it in the fridge until baking time.
And they have multiple locations in 37 different states.
Vegan sauce options
Assuming you don't like tomato sauce on pizza, don't worry. Papa Murphy's offers a variety of vegan sauces.
- Hamburger sauce (limited availability)
- marinara sauce
- olive and garlic pomace oil
- sweet chili sauce
- traditional red sauce
- artichoke hearts
- black olives
- chopped garlic
- crushed red pepper
- Roma Tomatoes
- green onions
- green paprika
- Onion mix (yellow, red and green onion)
- Pickles (limited availability)
- baked garlic
- dry tomatoes
- spicy herbal mix
If you order a vegan pizza, you can choose from four different options:
- Original crust.
- Thin crust.
- New York crust.
- Fresh pan crust (described as "buttery" but does not contain butter)
- Stuffing (it's not "stuffed" with cheese, it's just 2 layers)
vegan pizza options
- Horta pizza:The Garden Veggie Pizza comes with an original crust, traditional sauce, mozzarella cheese, Roma tomatoes, mushrooms, black olives, green peppers and a mix of yellow, red and green onions. To make this vegan pizza, swap out the mozzarella cheese for non-dairy cheese.
- Gourmet Vegetarians:The gourmet vegetarian pizza with original dough, gourmet white sauce, mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts, Roma tomatoes, cheese topping (mozzarella and cheddar), zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, yellow, red and green onion mix, plus herbs and cheese mix as indicated in the menu. This one needs some replacements. Replace the gourmet white sauce with another of Papa Murphy's vegan sauces, ask for non-dairy cheese in place of the mozzarella, and remove the topping cheese and herbed cheese mixture. So perfectly vegan!
- Custom Pizza - You can choose your own toppings and create your own vegan pizza masterpiece.
How to Make Papa Murphy's Vegan Pizza
When you buy a vegan pizza at Papa Murphy's, it comes in the griddle or the deep version. First, the pasta is already ready, with sauce, vegan cheese and the toppings of your choice. The pizza is then wrapped in plastic wrap with cooking instructions.
While Papa Murphy's offers a variety of vegan toppings, adding your own at home saves a lot of money and gets you the toppings you want, plus it's fun for the kids.
- Step 1 - Preheat. Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove plastic wrap and leave pizza with original dough on baking sheet.
- Step 2 - Bake. Bake the pizza with the original dough on the middle rack of the oven for about 12 to 18 minutes (varies by oven). ...
- Step 3 - Have fun! Let the pizza rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Each pizza comes with its own personalized instructions for the different types of pizza dough. And each pizza comes on its own baking sheet, so no plates.
Pizza customization at home
To save money, we add our own ingredients. We love a lot of goodies on our pizza, so we decided to make our own pizza using vegetables in the fridge.
- Portobello Mushrooms:Portobello mushrooms are vegan meat for us.
- Spinach:I chose organic spinach. It wilts perfectly when heated in the oven.
- red onion:Red onions are sweet and caramelize when roasted in the oven.
- Tomato Cocktail:I slice the grape tomatoes.
- pepper: The peppers are cut into perfectly small pieces and offer excellent color and texture.
- Kalamata Olives:I love the flavor of Kalamata olives.
- Jalapenos:As you can see, we placed jalapeño slices in the center of the pizza to customize it so my husband and I could enjoy the heat while the rest of the family went without heat.
- additional sauce:We also asked for extra sauce because we like it spicy.
Other possible ingredients
- Some people like youzB Peperonion your pizza.
- prefer othersvegan sausage.
- I love pineapple on my pizza, which is often discussed at home. Unfortunately, this time I lost the pineapple fight.
- I love banana peppers for a slightly spicy kick.
- And of course, you can always add more cheese or omit the vegan cheese.
- Many people prefer green or black olives.
- And some people love green chilies, a great substitute for hot peppers or red bell peppers.
- I also like red pepper flakes and a pinchvegan parmesan cheese on my pizza.
Should I bake Papa Murphy's pizza on the baking sheet?
Yes, the baking sheet helps to bake the pizza evenly and it also helps to get the pizza out of the oven and onto the table. However, the deep dish version requires you to remove it from the pan after cooking.
How fast do you have to bake Papa Murphy's pizza?
Bake within 60 minutes of purchase or refrigerate. Remove from the fridge 60 minutes before baking to allow the dough to rise. Always bake pizza within 24 hours of purchase!
How long does Papa Murphy's last in the freezer?
Just like freezing a whole Papa Murphy pizza, you'll want to make sure all slices are double-wrapped to avoid freezer burn. And you should eat the pizza within 2-3 months for the best taste.
- Remove from the fridge 60 minutes before baking to allow the dough to rise. Always bake pizza within 24 hours of purchase.
- If your pizza has been refrigerated after baking and stays below 40 degrees Fahrenheit, it's safe to eat for up to four days.
- If making more than one pizza, place each pizza on a separate baking sheet. Before preheating the oven, place one baking sheet on the first rack and the other on the second rack as planned. Let the pizzas bake for 12 to 18 minutes; Ovens vary in temperature.
- Another option you have if you don't want to bake all of Papa Murphy's pizza is to freeze a portion of the raw pizza for later use. While this isn't an official recommendation and may not taste exactly like freshly cooked, it's a great way to avoid waste.
- To avoid soggy pizza, always preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Your pizza should be baked at a high temperature so that it is crispy and cooked through, but not dry. If your oven isn't hot enough, it won't bake the pizza evenly. The recommended temperature for baking a homemade pizza is between 450 and 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Deep dish pizza takes longer to cook. See specific instructions for the type of pizza ordered.
So the next time you're in the mood for pizza, make yourself a Papa Murphy pizza. Choose from the vegan options, build your own, or buy an easy vegan cheese pizza and make your own pizza at home.
Suggested pizza side dishes
- Curry Chickpea Salad
- Chopped Asian Salad
- Asian noodle salad recipe
- Tofu Marinade Recipes
Hello! My name is Kathy, I am a retired English teacher, vegan enthusiast and blogger. My entire blog is completely vegan and plant-based. I firmly believe that what we eat and how we live determines our health and the preservation of our planet! 🙂